Developed with WordPress and features include:
- Featured Post Slider, Post Carousel, Blog Masonry
- Posts sorted by date, popularity and rating
- MailChimp RSS Feed Subscription
- Content organized into categories, tags & menu items
- Widgets for local weather & Melbourne events
- Custom Google Maps
Link to site.
Link to the newspaper article.
When I moved to the Melbourne western bayside suburb of Altona in 2007, I discovered it has so much to offer in terms of natural landscapes, wildlife, history and culture. I took lots of photos and started blogging to share my experience of living in this lovely suburb. The blog has since developed into an important source of information on Altona, receiving widespread recognition.
- Interview by the Hobsons Bay Leader, Altona Laverton Star, 774 ABC Radio and RRR Community Radio.
- Invitation to give presentations or attend activities by local community groups, including the Altona City Rotary Club, Altona Laverton Historical Society, Wyndham Migrant Hub, Louis Joel Arts & Community Centre, Hobsons Bay NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme), Seaholme Sustainability Group and Transition Hobsons Bay.
- Link to the site by the University of British Columbia to demonstrate use of its Timeline Tool.